How do I apply?
To apply for a crew member position, please visit FlaggerForce.com/Apply!
What positions are you hiring for?
We are currently hiring for our crew member position. This is an entry-level position with our company that offers mentorship, training, and promotions within the first 45-60 days.
What are your hiring requirements?
For crew member positions, we require:
- Age 18+
- Valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, working smartphone cell phone
- Ability and willingness to stand up to 12 hours
- Ability and willingness to walk 1-2 miles per day
- Ability and willingness to work in varying weather conditions
- Ability and willingness to lift 25-35 lbs. throughout the day, occasionally 50 lbs.
- Positive attitude, flexibility, and safety-oriented
Why is a valid Driver’s License required?
A valid driver’s license is required because you are responsible for your transportation to each assigned work site as a crew member. Due to the nature of the work that our clients are doing, the work sites will change daily, and they are frequently not on a public transportation route. Additionally, once you are promoted to crew leader, you will be assigned a company vehicle to drive to and from your job assignments.
What training do you provide?
All new crew members are provided the necessary training through our in-house training curriculum. Programs offered include flagger certification, basic work zone, lane closure, and advanced lane setup, etc. Additionally, throughout your career with us, we have established multi-level leadership development courses designed to cultivate our leaders—who then can rise in rank within the organization.
If I have experience, do I need to go through your training program?
Yes, all new hires must complete the necessary training.
A friend referred me to work at Flagger Force, what should I do?
Easy! Simply fill out our form and a member of our recruitment team will contact you to begin your interview process. Make sure that your friend let us know that you are applying!
Here is how it works:
- After you become a crew member and work 80 hours, you will earn $100 and the person that referred you will earn $200.
- Once you work 300 hours, you will receive another $100 and the person that referred you will earn another $200!
Questions? Call us at 717.461.7658.
Where are your facilities located?
We have regional facilities in:
- Bethlehem, PA
- Middletown, PA
- New Kensington, PA
- King of Prussia, PA
- Glen Burnie, MD
- Ashland, VA
- Sterling, VA
- Virginia Beach, VA
- Morrisville, NC
- Winston-Salem, NC
- Kennesaw, GA
- Pompano Beach, FL
For their addresses, please visit our locations page.
I’m interested in a crew member position, but I live more than an hour away from any of your facilities. Can I still work for you?
Yes! After visiting our local facility one time for the crew member training and hiring process, you will be dispatched from your home address to job sites.
Who do I contact to check on the status of my application?
We receive a high volume of applications and we make every effort to keep candidates apprised of their status in the process. Please call 717.461.7658 to inquire about the status of your application.
How long do you keep applications on file for?
We keep applications on file for one (1) year. However, if you were not initially selected for a position, we recommend reapplying should you have an interest in another Flagger Force position.
What if I have no Traffic Control experience?
Flagger Force doesn’t require previous experience in the traffic control industry. We provide all required training and certifications for our field employees to do their jobs safely and efficiently.
I applied for a field position, how long until I will receive a phone call?
Due to the high volume of applications received for our crew member position, please allow two-three (2–3) business days for your initial application to be processed. A recruiter dedicated to hiring for the region you live in will contact you.
What is provided to me after hiring?
Once hired, Flagger Force provides you:
- All the appropriate standard-issue personal protective equipment (gloves, class E pants, class 3 vest, hard hat, and safety glasses).
- Training and certifications for your state
You are required to supply your own:
- Steel-toed boots
- Two-way radios (reimbursement opportunity available)
What benefits does Flagger Force offer?
Flagger Force is pleased to offer a comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
- Medical/Vision/Dental through Capital Blue Cross
- Paid time off
- Six paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Educational opportunities through GEDWorks®
- Voluntary short term and long-term disability, accident insurance, term life insurance
- Company truck when promoted to crew leader
- Opportunities for advancement
- Extensive training
- Flagger Force employee smartphone apps
Most benefits are available to you after 6 months of averaging 30 or more hours per week of employment.
Is weekend work available?
Yes, many of our clients operate on a schedule of six days a week, Monday through Saturday. Working weekends (Saturday and Sunday) gives our field employees the ability to earn overtime or make up for days they missed during the week. This work is voluntary. We survey employees every Monday to see who is available.
What advancement opportunities are available?
Flagger Force prides itself on developing its employees and offering opportunities for growth. Our field leadership positions in the field are filled 100% from within the company. Everyone in the field starts as a crew member and, through additional training and outstanding performance, can get promoted into advanced positions such as:
- Crew leader
- Advanced crew leader
- Field specialist
- Area supervisor
- Field manager
- Quality/safety professionals