How do I apply?
To apply for a crew member position, please visit FlaggerForce.com/Apply!
What is the pay rate?
Our starting pay rates range from $13.60—$16.00, depending on previous experience and certifications.
What training do you provide?
All new crew members are provided the necessary training through our in-house Flagger Force Academy™. Programs offered include flagger certification, basic work zone, lane closure, and advanced lane setup, etc. Additionally, throughout your career with us, we have established multi-level leadership development courses designed to cultivate our leaders—who then can rise in rank within the organization.
If I have experience, do I need to go through your training program?
Yes, all new hires must complete the necessary training. We have various training programs to align with your experience level. A member of our recruitment team will review your previous experience and discuss the training available during your interview.
What positions are you hiring for?
We are currently hiring for various positions throughout our footprint.
Positions available include:
- Crew member: an entry-level position with our company that offers mentorship, training, and promotions within the first 30-60 days.
- Crew leader: requires a year or more of previous experience in traffic control; this role receives a company vehicle and all the equipment necessary for setting up work zones.
- Advanced crew leader: requires two or more years of previous experience in traffic control; this role includes a company vehicle, all the equipment necessary for setting up work zones, and the ability to set up more complex projects for our clients.
Where are your positions located?
We have regional facilities in:
- Bethlehem, PA
- Middletown, PA
- New Kensington, PA
- King of Prussia, PA
- Glen Burnie, MD
- Ashland, VA
- Sterling, VA
- Virginia Beach, VA
- Morrisville, NC
- Winston-Salem, NC
- Kennesaw, GA
For their addresses, please visit our locations page.
I’m interested in a field crew member position, but I live more than an hour away from any of your branch offices. Can I still work for you?
Yes! After visiting our local facility one time for the crew member training and hiring process, you will be dispatched from your home address to job sites.
Do I qualify for a $1,250 Sign On Bonus?
If you are hired beginning June 1, 2021, you can earn a $1,250 sign-on bonus.
Here is how it works:
- You will earn $150 after 150 hours worked (5 weeks to earn at 30hr/week)
- After working an additional 300 hours, you will earn an additional $300
- After working an additional 800 hours, you will earn an additional $800
Questions? Call us at 717.461.7658.
A friend referred me to work at Flagger Force, what should I do?
Easy! Simply fill out our form and a member of our recruitment team will contact you to begin your interview process. Make sure that your friend let us know that you are applying!
Here is how it works:
- After you become a crew member and work 80 hours, you and the person that referred you earns $300.
- Once you work 300 hours, you will both receive another $300!
Questions? Call us at 717.461.7658.
Why is a valid Driver’s License required?
A valid driver’s license is required because you are responsible for your transportation to each assigned work site as a crew member. Due to the nature of the work that our clients are doing, the work sites will change daily, and they are frequently not on a public transportation route. Additionally, once you are promoted to crew leader, you will be assigned a company vehicle to drive to and from your job assignments.
What are your hiring requirements?
For crew member positions, we require:
- Age 18+
- Valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, working smartphone cell phone
- Ability and willingness to stand up to 12 hours
- Ability and willingness to walk 1-2 miles per day
- Ability and willingness to work in varying weather conditions
- Ability and willingness to lift 25-35 lbs. throughout the day, occasionally 50 lbs.
- Positive attitude, flexibility, and safety-oriented
To be considered for a Crew Leader or Advanced Crew Leader position, you must:
- Age 21+
- All other requirements of our crew member position
- Have previous experience in traffic control/flagging
- The ability to provide a copy of your flagger certification
Who do I contact to check on the status of my application?
We receive a high volume of applications and we make every effort to keep candidates apprised of their status in the process. Please call 717.461.7658 to inquire about the status of your application.
How long do you keep applications on file for?
We keep applications on file for one (1) year. However, if you were not initially selected for a position, we recommend reapplying should you have an interest in another Flagger Force position.
What benefits does Flagger Force offer?
Flagger Force is pleased to offer a comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
- Medical/Vision/Dental through Capital Blue Cross
- Paid time off
- Six paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary short term and long-term disability, accident insurance, term life insurance
- Company truck when promoted to crew leader
- Opportunities for advancement
- Extensive training
- Flagger Force employee smartphone apps
Benefits are available to you after 90 days of averaging 30 or more hours per week of employment.
What advancement opportunities are available?
Flagger Force prides itself on developing its employees and offering opportunities for growth. Our field leadership positions in the field are filled 100% from within the company. Everyone in the field starts as a crew member and, through additional training and outstanding performance, can get promoted into advanced positions such as:
- Crew leader
- Advanced crew leader
- Field specialist
- Area supervisor
- Field manager
- Quality/safety professionals
What if I have no Traffic Control experience?
Flagger Force doesn’t require previous experience in the traffic control industry. We provide all required training and certifications for our field employees to do their jobs safely and efficiently.
I applied for a field position, how long until I will receive a phone call?
Due to the high volume of applications received for our crew member position, please allow two-three (2–3) business days for your initial application to be processed. A recruiter dedicated to hiring for the region you live in will contact you.